sunnproteam.fr
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilportailGalerieRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks

+5
Brubz
Jibex
fbaraduc
bduc61
zbob89
9 participants
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Empty
MessageSujet: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeDim 21 Déc 2008 - 16:35

Bonjour, mon nom est Ed et j'essaye de reconstituer mon vieux vers le bas vélo de colline. Pouvez vous veuillez m'aider avec des manuels, des décalques, des images, des pivots et n'importe quelle autre information. Vous me pardonnerez si j'écris en anglais comme I don' ; t parlent français bien ? Désolé si cette traduction d'Internet est erronée.

I need help finding, the manual to this bike and forks and any old reference pictures. If anyone has any decals or suspension pivots, I need them too. Please get in touch.

Frame: Sunn Radical 2 -- Needs new pivots, bearings, decals, chrome, shock spring paint, rear end paint, front and rear end dent removal, rear gear cable stop re-attaching, new bolts, new swingarm main bearing cover.
Forks: Chaos with 25mm Axle -- Needs new decals, new cable stop, refinishing, re-setting up, restore top caps.
Stem: Sunn -- Needs refinishing, rust removal and polishing, new bolts.
Handlebars: Sunn with Sunn brace -- Need refinishing
Aheadset: Diacompe -- Needs new bearings and grease.
Grips: AME Tri -- Needs cleaning in iso propynol alcohol
Brake Levers: Magura HS33 DH master cylinder and levers -- Needs refinishing, new bolts and new master cylinder/helicoiling stripped clamp bolt on one master cylinder.
Brakes: Magura HS33 -- Needs refinishing
Front hub: Sunn -- Needs new bearings and grease.
Spokes: DT Swiss DB
Front Rim: Mavic 121 Ceramic
BB: Shimano -- Clean
Cranks: Shimano DX drive side and Middleburn RS7 non drive side -- Need Middleburn drive side.
Pedals: Onza HO Ti -- Needs cleaning, new bolts, and paint.
Brake Cables: Shimano -- Attach
Shifters: Grip Shift 800 XRAY or Grip Shift 600 -- Clean
Gear Cable: Shimano
Seat Pin: Zero Components -- Clean
Seat Post: Sunn New bolts, polish
Seat: Flite Titanium -- Re-cover
Rear Cassette: Shimano XTR -- Clean
Rear Derrailleur:DX or XT(though it's missing the back plate,bolts and jockey wheels) -- Clean, polish
Jockey Wheel: Shimano and Alloy -- Clean, strip anodizing, polish
Chain: Sachs -- Clean
Rear Hub and QR: Shimano STX or XTR -- Clean and rebuild
Rear Rim: Mavic 217 Ceramic or Mavic 121 Ceramic -- Clean and rebuild
Spokes: DT Swiss DB
Front Tyre: Continental or Michelin Wild Gripper or IRC Kujo DH -- Clean
Rear Tyre: Continental or Michelin Wild Gripper or IRC Kujo DH -- Clean
Front Derrailieur: Shimano -- Clean
Front Chain Guard: Mojo Mr Dirt -- Clean
Tubes: Hutchinson DH
Valve Caps: Middleburn
Crank Bolts: Zero Components Titanium -- Clean
Chain Rings: Midleburn -- Clean

If anyone could reccomend a good powder coater and chromer, I'd be very grateful and if anyone can post any material on this bike or about the other parts and issues I have with them I'd appreciate it.

cheers and Merry Christmas.

Joyeux Noël
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
zbob89
Sunnien !!
zbob89

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeLun 22 Déc 2008 - 10:49

Hi have you got a pics?
bduc61

bduc61

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeLun 22 Déc 2008 - 19:11

nice to see that they are some sunn lovers on the other side of the channel Wink
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 23 Déc 2008 - 13:30

Hi guys,

I am just away from the bike until Christmas, I will post pictures as soon as I get home. Probably after boxing day.

Cheers

Ed
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Catalogue pictures   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 23 Déc 2008 - 14:31

Thanks to moogli's posts I found on page 48 and 49 of the 1996 catalogue a picture of my bike.

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Mergedsunnradical2

This would date it from the 1995 season correct? My bike was bought from a team member and brought to the UK. It was/is the same specficication as the above bike. I even have the cycling top pictured.

I would like to return it to the condition pictured, but I am missing lots of bits for this build for sure.
fbaraduc

fbaraduc

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 23 Déc 2008 - 15:11

Yes you're right! the picture here above extracted from the 96 catalog and this is the Radical+ used during 95 by Fred Bernard who was Co-factory rider at that time.

By the way, do you know from whose bike it was before you bought it?

Good luck.

FLORENT
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 23 Déc 2008 - 16:46

fbaraduc a écrit:
Radical+

Hi Florent,

I always wondered this, but isn't this bike called a Radical 2? It has Radical 2 on the decals.

I am afraid I don't know anything about my bikes previous history, perhaps if I send the BB serial number to Sunn they may know. What do you think?

Cheers

Ed
fbaraduc

fbaraduc

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 23 Déc 2008 - 17:21

Hi Ed,

Well, the official name of the bike was "Radical+" even if you're right it is sticked Radical2 at least on the seatpost tube (not sure for the top tube).

It is gonna be a waste of time to ask Sun to retreive your bike history based on BB S/N as they did not registerany crossreference between the S/N and the owners (even for the team bikes).

Enjoy Christmas,

FLORENT
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 23 Déc 2008 - 18:56

Hi Florent,

Shame about the lack of history available.

I am just looking through the information on this site. You are right that in the catalogue it is a Radical + but the two top tube decals and the seat tube/ down tube decals all say Radical 2, I don't think there is a Radical + decal on it.

Happy Christmas all.

Ed
Jibex

Jibex

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeVen 26 Déc 2008 - 15:08

Sorry , I not speak english!! Very Happy

mais ton VTT est sympa...

@+
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 6 Jan 2009 - 19:03

Hi guys,

I have pictures to post tonight. However while I remember, can anyone tell me how to work out the paints RAL code? It had a respray a long time ago you see and I'd like to get it re-painted...

Cheers

Ed
Brubz
Modérateur
Brubz

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 6 Jan 2009 - 19:14

Salut,

We are expecting to see your bike.

Take a lot of details pictures for us and all the changing you've done.

++
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Finally the pictures!!!   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 6 Jan 2009 - 22:13

Hi guys,

Well finally I have it again and here are some pictures of how I found the bike at my parents place over Christmas. So much to do to get this bike tip-top again, it's in a very sorry state at the moment.

The Radical 2 frame and Chaos rear shock.

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration001

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration006

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration007

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration010

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration015

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration009

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration016

Sunn Chaos forks

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration017

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration019

Massive Sunn front hub with 25mm through axle

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration021

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration024

Sunn DH bars, I have the brace but it's not pictured

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration004

Also, have I found the rear XT M737 hub I require on the rear of the bike? Can anyone identify this hub, it's missing its sticker and rubber seal?

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration022

If it is the right one, are these the right quick releases to go with this hub?

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration025

More to come is to complete the stripping and to assemble the bits I already have.

Cheers
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 6 Jan 2009 - 22:16

Hi again guys,

I thought I'd make a list of all the parts I need for my Sunn build (see pic at end of post).

Red DCD
Clear Crud catcher
Deore XT M737 rear dérailleur back plate or complete dérailleur (I believe SGS model, please tell me how to identify)
Deore XT straddle cable for M737
Deore LX M563 crank set (chain rings not required)
Deore XT 1995 Shimano Paralax rear hub and quick release (will edit with holes required later)
Dia Compe pc-11 brake levers
Dia-Compe plastic aheadset top cap
Hutchinson On the Rocks (two required)

Middleburn RS7 right hand side (drive side) crank arm, in a 175mm length, square taper cranks & also I am after a compact spider to fit to it.

Parts identification required (and also the parts) on the bike pictured below.

The seat
Rear brake booster

Rear dérailleur tensioner - Bullet Bros???

Please let me know if you can help. I have paypal, cash and a small number of used parts from around 1994 onwards.

Cheers

Ed
Nicolas78

Nicolas78

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMer 7 Jan 2009 - 0:41

I think it will take a very ... very long time to catch all the parts...

Give us a list with picture and once we find something on the net we drop you a mail...
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMer 7 Jan 2009 - 1:11

Hi Ed,

Your bike needs to be refreshed, but it already looks awesome ! You have already the most difficults parts to find !
Missing parts are more or less easy to find on Ebay US, if you have money to spend !

Good luck, that's a great challenge !
Do it well, that's one of lastest radical2 for sure.

Cheers,
Vincent.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 13 Jan 2009 - 18:58

J'ai commencé à nettoyer mes fourchettes aujourd'hui. Je n'ai pas fini encore. Il était au froid à travailler pour longtemps et il a obtenu l'obscurité.

Avant...

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration001-1

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration003

Ensuite...

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration004-1

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration006-1

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Restoration008-1[/quote]

J'ai trouvé la plupart des pièces. Mais quelques pièces sont encore en suspens. Par exemple, quel est le siège?

Peut n'importe qui aider avec des décalques?

Désolé si ceci ne semble pas raisonnable.
ritontutu

ritontutu

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 13 Jan 2009 - 19:18

ton projet de restauration n'a pas l'air aisé mais en tout cas une fois terminé ton vélo sera magnifique (une rareté un si vieux RAD !)
SunnProTeam
Administrateur
SunnProTeam

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMer 14 Jan 2009 - 0:10

sexy bike !! Shocked Cool
https://sunnpro.1fr1.net
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 9 Juin 2009 - 18:07

J'espère que ceci semble raisonnable…

Est-ce que n'importe qui peut aider ?

A obtenu les fourchettes de chaos arrières de leur service et la plupart des joints sont projectile (pas en raison du service, mais de l'âge). Elles ont semblé très bien et ont été pompées vers le haut et alors ont juste commencé à couler. Les chapeaux supérieurs ont un cylindre du caoutchouc dans elles avec un trou minuscule pour votre pump' ; l'aiguille de s, ceci s'est ouverte/a péri au-dessus du temps et du won' ; t tiennent maintenant l'air. Également sur une jambe ils coulent hors du dessus de la jambe de fourchette hors du joint avec le support. Je suis étripé comme j'ai pensé qu'ils étaient fixes. A n'importe qui n'importe quelle idée comment je pourrais fixer les joints ? Appliquez peut-être un certain mastik ou….I don' ; t savent triste Le problème principal est le joint de jambe de fourchette car j'ai quelques chapeaux supérieurs incorrects de pièce de rechange cependant, cependant I' ; d les fixent plutôt tous les deux…. Triste triste triste triste Les remplacements n'ont jamais semblé avoir existé et Sunn ne peut pas sembler s'apporter pour répondre aux email, ainsi l'aide, svp ou mon projet est mort. Svp aidez-moi, suspension est mon secteur plus faible.

Je suis desolee

En anglais ...

As per my re-build thread....

Really bummed out. Got the Chaos forks back from their service and most of the seals are shot (not as a result of the service, but age). They seemed fine and were pumped up and then just started leaking.

The top caps have a cylinder of rubber in them with a tiny hole for your pump's needle, this has opened up/perished over time and won't now hold air.

Also on one leg they leak out of the top of the fork leg out of the seal with the stanchion.

I am gutted as I thought they were fixed.

Has anyone any idea how I could fix the seals? Maybe apply some mastik or....I don't know Sad

The main problem is the fork leg seal as I have some spare though incorrect top caps, though I'd rather fix them both.... Sad Sad Sad Sad

Replacements never seemed to have existed and Sunn cannot seem to bring themselves to reply to emails, so help, please or my project is dead.

Help me please, suspension is my weakest area.
Ignare

Ignare

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 9 Juin 2009 - 19:16

If you don't find any solution about your problem, you can sale me your bike Wink

I think it's the same system of the obsys carbon, 40 or 55. You have a post in the technique chapter.
Can you take some photo about your problem, it will be easy for me (my english is bad and the translation is not correct)
fbaraduc

fbaraduc

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 9 Juin 2009 - 19:54

Hi Ed!

Try to contact them: ExhaussRacing, It might not be cheap but they migt be of some help.

Anyway, don't sell the bike to Ignare, he already has too many of them Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks 354651
Sell it to me Twisted Evil

Cheers

FLORENT
Nicolas78

Nicolas78

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 9 Juin 2009 - 22:24

For the seals try ExhaussRacing.

But we are all working on way to make them work again... just wait a little...
Ignare

Ignare

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeMar 9 Juin 2009 - 22:30

I have one kit of seal (this is the kit of Brubz, but I think he don't want it...)

If you want I can send you this kit Wink
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Juin 2009 - 15:41

I am sorry for the bad translation.

I use babelfish, can you recommend another online translator?

I have replied/emailed about the spare seal kit and I am contacting exhauss racing. Thank you everyone for the advice.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks   Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks Icon_minitime

Sunn Radical 2 et Sunn Chaos forks
Page 1 sur 1